A Court Appointed Special Advocate/ Guardian Ad Litem...
- is an ordinary person doing extraordinary work for abused and neglected children.
- is a trained community volunteer who is appointed by a judge to represent the best interest of an abused or neglected child in court.
- is trained to serve as the informed, independent, and objective voice for an abused and neglected child.
- helps tell a child's story in court.
- advocates and focuses on the child's "best interest" and the child's need for a safe permanent home as soon as possible.
"To give a child a CASA is to give them a voice. To give them a voice is to give them hope. And to give them hope is to give them the world."
~Pamela Butler, former foster child