The Summit County Youth Pride Task Force seeks to advance the equity and inclusion of LGBTQ+ youth in Child Protective Services by addressing issues of homelessness, safety and support, healthcare, discrimination and placement to ensure each and every youth is able to grow up in a safe environment and loving permanent home.
The Summit County Youth Pride Task Force is a group of professionals, community advocates and volunteers whose mission is to work together to advance the equity and inclusion of Summit County’s LGBTQ+ youth in Child Protective Services. Specific issues identified by the task force include:
- The need for open and affirming CASA’s as well as CASA’s that are LGBTQ Allies
- The need for positive connections, supports and mentors in the LGBTQ community
- Recruitment and sustainability of suitable families for the permanent placement of LGBTQ youth
- The need for education and advocacy of CASA’s, families and LGBTQ youth
- The need for organized collection and distribution of information regarding LGBTQ resources
- The need for education of health care providers
- Homelessness and Sex Trafficking
Sign up below to receive additional information and to be added to the Youth Pride Task Force email list to stay up to date with events, meetings, and trainings in the community.